[SFGP] Greenzine: join us at Sunday Streets Oct 1st

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Sep 30 09:42:52 PDT 2017

September 30

    Please join us this Sunday, Oct 1, at Sunday Streets in
the Excelsior!  Details are below.

    Also, please keep up the pressure on the Police Commission to
oppose giving SFPD Tasers.  They may be voting soon on the issue.
Here are contacts:

Police Commission Office
San Francisco Police Headquarters
1245 3rd Street, San Francisco, California 94158
Voice:  (415) 837-7070
Fax:  (415) 575-6083
Email:  sfpd.commission at sfgov.org

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where:  Excelsior; meet at 4400 Mission St, near Avalon
When:  Sunday, Oct 1, from 12 noon - 3 pm

Greens will be walking around Sunday Streets as a group, talking to
voters and handing out literature.  We will meet at noon near the
north end of the route on Mission Street, in front of the Excelsior
branch of the library (4400 Mission St, between Avalon and Excelsior
Ave), then walk up and down the route with signs.  The route goes all
the way south along Mission St to Geneva.  Wear a Green Party shirt or
other green clothing.

Our contact person will be Barry Hermanson; call him at 415-255-9494
to find out where we are at any point.  If you want us to bring you a
sign, email cc at sfgreens.org in advance.

*===========================*

What:  Life of Luis Commemoration and Thank You Picnic
Where:  The altar at Shotwell & 19th Streets, SF
When: Saturday, Oct 7, from 10 am - 5 pm

Saturday October 7th, 2017 will mark the one year and a half date of
Luís Góngora Pat's murder by police. Luis's family would like to mark
this important date with a thank you picnic for supporters.

Whether you came to the altar one day, walked with us, helped with our
homeless outreach Rosca de Reyes, brought your students, you took
interest in Luis's life, helped make the One Year Anniversary
Commemoration of Luis's stolen life significant, donated funds to the
family, you were his friend, and the countless other community efforts
with which you have accompanied us. Join us! Details forthcoming, but
we will meet at the altar as always at 10am on Shotwell and 19th, and
will likely march like we did the very first time we marched with the
family of Luis to Dolores Park to enjoy homemade cochinita pibil and
other delicious Mayan Yucatecan food.

Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/188511985024893/

*===========================*

What:  Band Together Vigil: #NoMuslimBanEver
Where:  Civic Center Plaza, SF
When:  Monday, Oct 9, 6 pm - 8 pm

A relatively major event is being organized for Monday, October 9th at
Civic Center Plaza in S.F.  It's called "Band Together Vigil:
#NoMuslimBanEver", and is being organized by groups such as AROC, CAIR
Bay Area, Asian Law Caucus, etc.

The main purpose of the event is to demonstrate against the most
recent Muslim ban (which now also includes North Korea and
Venezuela!), as well as racism, etc.  Current endorsers include Media
Alliance, Jobs with Justice SF, Greenlining Institute, S.F. Living
Wage Coalition, S.F. State Faculty Association, and many other groups.
More info is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1427286337385134/

East Bay and SF Greens will both be coming to this event; please
join us!