[SFGP] Greenzine: Community Housing Act and Pride

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Jun 16 09:38:46 PDT 2018

June 16

    Although progressives narrowly lost the Mayor's race, we have some
successes to celebrate: we won on every ballot proposition, and we
took back a narrow majority on the Board of Supervisors.  Progressives
finally made good use of ranked choice voting, with the vast majority
of Jane Kim's votes transferring to Mark Leno.  Thanks to RCV, we came
closer to winning the Mayor's race than we have at any time since the
late 1980s.  We'll have more election results to discuss at our
meeting on June 27.

    This weekend, we'll be out gathering signatures to get the
Community Housing Act on the November ballot.  Look for us at the
Juneteenth celebration in the Fillmore today!  Email us or contact the
campaign (see event below) if you can help.

    Next weekend, we'll be celebrating Pride at the Civic Center.
Come join us at our booth, which will be near the corner of Larkin and
Grove, to help gather signatures and do voter outreach.

*===========================*

What:  SF Community Housing Act Office Hours
Where:  Dolores and 19th St, SF
When:  Sat, June 16 & Sun, June 17, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm

Greens have endorsed the SF Community Housing Act, a ballot measure
for this November to fund the building and acquisition of 500 units of
affordable public housing every year, as well as related
infrastructure such as public transit and child care:
https://www.sfcommunityhousingact.com/

The campaign will be training new volunteers to gather signatures to
get the measure on the November ballot, accepting turn-ins for
booklets from existing volunteers, re-upping all volunteers with new
petition booklets & palm cards, giving advice on signature gathering,
and generally chatting about our historic measure.

This will ensure all volunteers have a chance to meet with us at some
point during our signature gathering period to get trained, even if
they can't make our big mobilizations or other events.

We can stay until 2PM upon advance request.  Can't find us or make
office hours?  Feel free to call us at (415) 952-0972, our campaign
phone number.

See you there!!  and PS: activism is always sweeter when you bring a
friend.

More info:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sfcommunityhousingact/events/?ref=page_internal

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Pride
Where:  Near Larkin and Grove, Civic Center
When:  Sat, June 23 - Sun, June 24, all day

We'll be gathering signatures to put the SF Community Housing Act (see
above) on the ballot, as well as registering new Greens and helping to
organize for Single Payer Healthcare for All in California.

We'll need volunteers to help staff our table, sign up volunteers, and
register new Greens!  The event runs all day, and we'll also need help
setting up and taking down the booth.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if
you can help!

Pride is more disorganized than usual this year, so although we've
paid for a spot near the corner of Larkin and Grove, we still don't
know our exact booth location.  We'll send out a message towards the
end of next week with our booth number.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, June 27, 7-9 pm

Join us for a discussion of the election results, and organizing
for the next round of elections this November!  The detailed agenda
will be set at our CC meeting on June 20, so look for more details
in our next newsletter.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org