[SFGP] Greenzine: Happy Pride!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jun 22 09:08:37 PDT 2018

June 22

    Join us this weekend for Pride in the Civic Center!  We'll be
doing outreach from our booth, which has been moved to Hyde St behind
the Asian Art Museum.

    At our membership meeting next Wed, we'll discuss the results of
the June election and our endorsement schedule for the November election.
We'll also consider early endorsements of Green candidates who are
running in local elections.  Everybody is welcome to join us!

    Also, see below for a concert to benefit Midtown tenants, next
weekend.

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Pride
Where:  Booth NE-011, on Hyde behind the Asian Art Museum, Civic Center
When:  Sat, June 23 - Sun, June 24, all day

We'll be doing voter outreach about the Green Party, and helping to
organize for Single Payer Healthcare for All in California.

We'll need volunteers to help staff our table, sign up volunteers, and
register new Greens!  The event runs all day, and we'll also need help
setting up and taking down the booth.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if
you can help!

Note that our booth location is different this year, as Pride
organizers determined that a bunch of police and metal detectors would
better suit the corner of Larkin and Grove than a Green Party banner!
Instead, we've been moved to Hyde Street, behind the Asian Art museum.
Look for booth NE-011.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, June 27, 7-9 pm

Join us for a discussion of the election results, and organizing
for the next round of elections this November!

Agenda:

* Introductions
* Discussion of June results
* Planning for November election:
  - decision: early endorsement of Mike Murphy for D4 Supe,
    any other Green candidates running
  - editing our endorsement questionnaires / new ones?
  - scheduling forums / endorsement meetings
  - fundraising
* Announcements

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

What:  Save Midtown - Benefit for Midtown Tenants
Where:  1415 Scott St, San Francisco, California 94115
When:  Sat, June 30, 12 noon - 4 pm

Everybody is invited to the Midtown Tenant Unity Concert.  Tenants are
losing their fight to stay in their homes.  Demolition is scheduled in
the next 18 months.  So this concert is to build morale, gain hope,
get the community involved.

More details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1006440366176191/