[SFGP] Greenzine: Mike Murphy for D4 Supe, Save Midtown, Separated Families, and Mime Troupe

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Jun 30 11:09:56 PDT 2018

June 30

    At our meeting last week, we awarded an early endorsement to Mike
Murphy for D4 Supervisor!  Mike is a long-time activist who has been a
key part of many campaigns to take back SF from the political machine
that has ruled City Hall for decades.  He and other Sunset residents
have fought to keep natural grass in Golden Gate Park, and to prevent
a wall of luxury condos from being built next to Ocean Beach.  Mike
has also been a strong supporter of the Social Housing campaign to
build real publicly-owned affordable housing for San Franciscans.

    If you donate to Mike's campaign, he will be competitive thanks to
triple matching funds from the City.  You can donate from the "donate"
link on his website, http://murphy4supe.org/, or at his Crowdpac site:
https://www.crowdpac.com/campaigns/386433/mike-murphy

    Please see below for a couple of important events happening today:
the Save Midtown benefit this afternoon, as well as a rally in
solidarity with separated undocumented families at City Hall.

    Also, thanks to all who showed up to help us or simply to discuss
politics at Pride last weekend.  We look forward to seeing you at the
Mime Troupe this Wednesday.

*===========================*

What:  Rally for separated families
Where:  City Hall, SF
When:  Sat, June 30, 11 am - 1 pm

Families Belong Together March & Rally San Francisco
The event is hosted by Indivisible SF.

More details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/423107761433621/

*===========================*

What:  Save Midtown - Benefit for Midtown Tenants
Where:  1415 Scott St, San Francisco, California 94115
When:  Sat, June 30, 12 noon - 4 pm

Everybody is invited to the Midtown Tenant Unity Concert.  Tenants are
losing their fight to stay in their homes.  Demolition is scheduled in
the next 18 months.  So this concert is to build morale, gain hope,
get the community involved.

More details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1006440366176191/

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Mime Troupe SF Opening Show
Where:  19th Street and Dolores St
When:  Wed, July 4, 12 noon - 4 pm

Help us register new Greens and campaign for Greens in the November
elections!  The Mime Troupe has generously invited us to officially
table at their opening show in Dolores Park, July 4; email if you can
help out cc at sfgreens.org.  Green volunteers from around the Bay Area
are planning to be there!

The play will start at 2 pm, with music at 1:30.  Volunteers are
needed to help us set up our table and do voter outreach starting at
noon.