[SFGP] Greenzine: important update to endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue May 15 09:05:26 PDT 2018

May 15

    Important endorsement update!

    All Greens involved in making our original endorsements have
reached unanimous consensus to withdraw our endorsement of Angela
Alioto, after she filed a ballot initiative that would result in
undocumented immigrants who are arrested under suspicion of committing
a felony to be turned over to ICE, without giving the person a chance
to contest the accusation.  This act is contrary to Alioto's stated
positions in response to our candidate questionnaire, and we cannot
support any candidate who denies any accused person's right to due
process:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sf-mayoral-candidate-alioto-targets-sanctuary-city-law-proposed-ballot-measure/

    We're strongly support our remaining endorsed candidates for
Mayor, Mark Leno and Jane Kim, and we will consider whether to add a
third candidate in Alioto's place at a special meeting this Wednesday.

    Also, please join us today in protest of Israel's massacre of
peaceful protesters:

What:  Rally and protest the murder of Palestinian protesters
Where:  Israeli Consulate, 456 Montgomery St, SF
When:  Tues, May 15, 4-7 pm

The Palestine Action Network is holding a rally to protest 70 years of
Israeli occupation, and the recent murders of more than 60 Palestinian
protesters by Israeli snipers.

The SF Green Party has long supported the BDS movement; see our statement
here:  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/13-israel-bds

*===========================*

What:  Special Endorsement Meeting
Where:  El Cafetazo, 3087 16th St, San Francisco, near Valencia
When:  Wed, May 16, 7:30-9 pm

See announcement above regarding our unendorsement of Alioto.
We'll discuss and make decisions on what to do with our current voter
guides, and whether or not to add a 3rd endorsement for Mayor.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, May 23, 7-9 pm

The specific agenda items will be determined this week, but we will
focus on campaigning for the June election.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org