[SFGP] Greenzine: district 4 forum/debate tonight, rallies this weekend

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Sep 5 09:08:13 PDT 2018

September 5

    We made endorsements on all ballot measures and most of the
local races over the last two weeks; here are the results so far:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/87-november-2018-endorsements

    We'll be a hosting a District 4 Supe forum/debate at the Ortega
Library in the Sunset tonight!  Members of the public are invited to
come listen to the candidates and ask questions.

    Also join us this weekend for important rallies: Rise of Climate
on Saturday, and a protest at Lennar in Bayview Hunters Point on
Sunday.  Details below.

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party District 4 Supervisor Forum/Debate
Where:  Ortega Library (3223 Ortega St at 39th Ave)
When:  Wed, Sep 5, 6:30-8:30 pm

We will host a special forum / debate between D4 Supe candidates in
the Sunset on September 5.  It will be held at the Ortega Library
(3223 Ortega St at 39th Ave) from 6:30-8:30 pm.  Confirmed so far are
Mike Murphy, Adam Kim, and Trevor McNeil.

Candidates will answer questions from our panel, from each other,
and from the public, so please come with any questions you want
answered.

Greens have already awarded an early endorsement to Mike Murphy for D4
Supe, and we will be considering endorsing additional candidates as
well, following this forum.

See http://www.Murphy4Supe.org for more details on Mike's campaign.

*===========================*

What:  Join Greens at Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice
Where:  March from Embarcadero to the Civic Center, SF
When:  Sat, Sep 8, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm

Start of the march 9:30 am
Meet us under green flags and sunflowers
Embarcadero Plaza• 4 Embarcadero Ctr, San Francisco, CA 94111

End of the march 3:30-4:30 pm, Resource Fair
Meet us at our table at the SF Civic Center Plaza

Greens have endorsed the demand for Real Climate Leadership, which
requires:

* Environmental, racial, and economic justice for all

* No new fossil fuel development and a managed decline of existing
  fossil fuel production

* A just transition to 100% renewable energy that protects workers,
  Indigenous peoples and frontline communities — both in these
  extractive industries and more broadly — and ensures
  family-sustaining jobs with the right to unionize, that are safe for
  people and the planet

* Just and equitable resiliency and recovery efforts led by the
  communities most impacted

By acting together, we can end the era of fossil fuels and save the
climate we all depend on.

More info on this march and rally:
https://ca.riseforclimate.org/

*===========================*

What:  League of Women Voters / Coalition for SF Neighborhoods Forum
Where:  Saint Ignatius High School, 2001 37th Ave, SF (in Bannan Theater)
When:  Sat, Sep 8, starting at 10 am

The League of Women Voters of San Francisco/Sunset-Parkside
Education and Action Committee/Coalition for San Francisco Neighborhoods (CSFN)
are holding a D4 Supervisorial forum.

Come to support our endorsed D4 candidate, Mike Murphy, and listen
to what all the candidates have to say about the future of their
neighborhood and our City.

*===========================*

What: Protest at Lennar Shipyard - Speak out against pollution and
  gentrification!
Where:  Lennar Shipyard Welcome Center, 11 Innes Ct, SF
When:  Sun, Sep 9, starting at 12:30 pm

The SF Green Party will join with Greenaction, Bayview Hunters Point
Mothers and Fathers Committee, Literacy for Environmental Justice, SF
Bay View, SF Tenants Union, California Environmental Justice
Coalition, Causa Justa/Just Cause and other allies this coming SUNDAY,
SEPTEMBER 9TH AT 12:30 pm in front of the Lennar Shipyard Welcome
Center to protest pollution and gentrification and demand a proper
cleanup of the radioactive and toxic waste at the Superfund Site and
adjacent areas.

We will also take a stand against gentrification of the community by
Lennar, BUILD LLC and city hall.  Grassroots community leaders from
around the country will join us at the protest!

*===========================*

What:  Green outreach at Sunset Community Festival
Where:  West Sunset Playground, located at Ortega Street and 39th Avenue
When:  Sat, Sep 22, 11 am - 4 pm

Come volunteer for Mike Murphy and our other endorsed candidates and
ballot measures at the Sunset Community Festival!  Please email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help.

In its 24th year, the Sunset Community Festival is a great event for
family, friends and neighbors.  Hosted by Sunset Youth Services, this
annual event brings the Sunset community together for a day of family
fun where we showcase all that our neighborhood has to offer.  Stop by
anytime from 11:00am to 4:00pm to meet neighbors, eat delicious food,
and watch spectacular performances.  The Festival will be held on
Saturday, September 22nd at West Sunset Playground, located at Ortega
Street and 39th Avenue.