[SFGP] Greenzine: support our endorsed candidates!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Sep 19 22:18:51 PDT 2018

September 19

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We've finished making our endorsements, and we're still writing
up our voter guide with detailed explanations.  Here's a quick
summary of the people and ballot measures we support:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/87-november-2018-endorsements
    Please donate to help with the effort: http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    The most important contest is for District 4 Supervisor, where
Mike Murphy, a member of the Green Party county council, is running!
Visit Mike's website (http://murphy4supe.org) to find out more, and to
help fund his grassroots campaign!  For the #2 slot in District 4,
we're happy to endorse Adam Kim (http://adamkimsf.com/), an activist
with the SF Berniecrats.

    Join Mike and other volunteers to walk precincts every weekend
between now and the election!  We'll also be out at the Sunset Community
Festival this Saturday.  See details below.

    Join us at our meeting next Wed, where we'll be discussing how to
improve our outreach to new members, and also organizing events
between now and the election!  Location and agenda below.  We also
have many upcoming events for our endorsed candidates:

*===========================*

What:  Walk Precincts with Mike Murphy for D4 Supe
Where:  Sunset and Parkside, West Side of SF
When:  Every weekend between now and the election

Every Saturday and Sunday, join Mike Murphy and Green Party volunteers
as we walk precincts throughout District 4 to support his campaign for
Supervisor!  For a detailed schedule each weekend, email
info at murphy4supe.org (preferred), or call the candidate himself: Mike
Murphy, 415-823-9743.

*===========================*

What:  Li Lovett's bday fundraiser for BOE campaign
Where:  Calle 11 @ 1501 Folsom
When:  Thurs, Sep 20, 6-9 pm

Come celebrate Li Lovett's birthday and School Board campaign kickoff
on September 20th, 2018 -- with Supervisor Jane Kim, President
Brigitte Davila of CCSF's Board of Trustees, and others supporting her
candidacy!  Li's dance troupe from Carnaval, United Rhythms SF, will be
performing.  This event is a fundraiser and all donations are essential
to winning in November, but nobody will be turned away for lack of
funds.

Bring friends, bring family, but keep in mind that this is a 21+ event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2194786690789539/?active_tab=about

*===========================*

What:  Video Premiere Party for John Rizzo for College Board
Where:   Flore, 2298 Market St, San Francisco, California 94114
When:  Friday, Sep 21, 6-8 pm

Join Tom Ammiano, Bevan Dufty, Tom Temprano and more to support John
Rizzo for his re-election to the Community College Board!

There will be a video premiere, music, light refreshments, and a free
beer or wine for the first 20 people in attendance!

Suggested contributions start at $50, though no one will be turned
away for not donating.

*===========================*

What:  Green outreach at Sunset Community Festival
Where:  West Sunset Playground, located at Ortega Street and 39th Avenue
When:  Sat, Sep 22, 11 am - 4 pm

Come volunteer for Mike Murphy and our other endorsed candidates and
ballot measures at the Sunset Community Festival!  Please email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help.

In its 24th year, the Sunset Community Festival is a great event for
family, friends and neighbors.  Hosted by Sunset Youth Services, this
annual event brings the Sunset community together for a day of family
fun where we showcase all that our neighborhood has to offer.  Stop by
anytime from 11:00am to 4:00pm to meet neighbors, eat delicious food,
and watch spectacular performances.  The Festival will be held on
Saturday, September 22nd at West Sunset Playground, located at Ortega
Street and 39th Avenue.

*===========================*

What:  West Side ❤ BART - A fundraiser for Janice for BART
Where:  The Plough and the Stars at 116 Clement St.
When:  Tues, Sep 25, 6-7:30 pm

Join our endorsed candidate for BART Board, Janice Li, at
a fundraiser next Tuesday!

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 26, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

1) Introductions
2) Outreach to new members (Barry, 30 min)
3) Update on State-level Energy and Fire-related legislation (Eric
   Brooks, 20-30 min)
4) Election planning:
   a) review voter guide draft and other election materials
   b) planning outreach / campaigning from now until November

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What: Mission Bay Meet & Greet for Matt Haney for District 6 Supervisor!
Where: Back to the Picture framing shop, 1160 4th St., Mission Bay
When: Sat, Sep 29, 5-7 pm

Meet our endorsed candidate for D6 Supervisor!

Nearest cross street is Channel St., just south of the 4th Street
Bridge.  Nearest transit stop: The Caltrain station is within a few
blocks walk, and can be reached by the 10, 30, 45, 47, N, & T lines.
In addition, the 55 provides access for those coming from the Mission.
All D6 voters are welcome to attend.  This event is especially hoping
to reach voters in the easternmost and southernmost neighborhoods of
D6, meaning South Beach, Rincon Hill, parts of SOMA, and of course
Mission Bay, where a lot of new residents have moved in since the last
District Supervisor election in 2014.