[SFGP] Greenzine: upcoming meetings and events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Apr 13 18:01:25 PDT 2019

April 13

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Please join us tomorrow for voter outreach at Sunday Streets!
The Alameda Greens are also hosting an interesting report-back
from Venezuela.  Details for both events are below.

*===========================*

What:  Join Greens at Sunday Streets Tenderloin
Where:  Main Library, entrance facing the Civic Center
When:  Sun, Apr 14, 11:30 am - 4 pm

Greens will be walking around Sunday Streets as a group, talking to
voters and handing out literature.  Meet us in front of the
main library, by the entrance facing City Hall and the Civic Center
Plaza, at 11:30 am.

This year, Sunday Streets will feature the first annual Thai New Year
in Little Saigon with a Southeast Asian Food Fair.

If you want to join us later, our contact person will be Barry
Hermanson; call him at 415-255-9494 to find out where we are at any
point.  If you want us to bring you a sign, email cc at sfgreens.org in
advance.

*===========================*

What:  What is really happening in Venezuela?
Where:  Niebyl Proctor Library, 6501 Telegraph Ave, Oakland
When:  Sun, Apr 14, 5 pm - 6:30 pm

Venezuela is facing significant difficulties, and one of the worst is
the widespread misinformation spread by governments and media.

Green Party member Laura Wells and P&F member Roger Harris have
traveled to Venezuela multiple times to see for themselves.  Roger was
there in May 2018 to observe the presidential election, and Laura just
returned from an "End Venezuela Sanctions" delegation.  They will
present critical information to counter the outright lies and talk
about what we and our country can do.  They plan to save lots of time
for Q&A, so bring your questions.

Both have served on the board of the Task Force on the Americas.  They
have participated in many Latin American delegations and report-backs.
Laura is a long-time Green, and Roger is with the Peace and Freedom
Party, so both appreciate the change in Venezuela since their
two-party system lost its grip on the country when Hugo Chavez became
president 20 years ago.  With the changes have come big challenges,
which we will discuss.

The event will start promptly with a 12-minute video “The Origins of
Venezuela’s Economic Crisis”

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date - Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg #301 (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, April 24, 7 - 9 pm

The agenda will be set at the CC meeting the week before.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

What:  Save the Date - Green Party of California meeting in SF!
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Sat-Sun, May 18-19, 2019

The Green Party of California's next General Assembly (GA) will be
held on May 18 & 19, 2019, at the Redstone Building, 2490 16th St.,
San Francisco, CA 94103

Thank you to the Green Party of Alameda County for hosting.

A draft agenda and other details are posted here:
http://www.cagreens.org/ga/2019-05