[SFGP] Greenzine: Medicare for All and latest news from Venezuela

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Apr 20 11:59:29 PDT 2019

April 20

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Happy holidays!  There's a talk on single payer healthcare today,
and we'll also be holding our monthly meeting next Wednesday.  Come
hear a report-back on Venezuela from long-time Green Party member and
former candidate, Laura Wells!  We'll also be choosing delegates to
our statewide plenary, which will be held in SF in May.

*===========================*

What:  Talk on "Medicare for All - Fake News vs the Real Deal"
Where:  518 Valencia St, SF
When:  Sat, April 20, 3 pm

Hear from Mark Dudzic, national coordinator for the Labor Campaign
for Single Payer Healthcare.  Learn how the defenders of the status
quo are distorting "Medicare for All."

Sponsored by Single Payer Now!

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg #301 (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, April 24, 7 - 9 pm

Agenda

5 min - Intros

1 hour - Venezuela report-back by Laura Wells:
  Venezuela is facing significant difficulties, and one of the worst
  is the widespread misinformation spread by governments and media.
  Green Party member (and candidate) Laura Wells just returned from an
  "End Venezuela Sanctions" delegation.  She'll report back on what
  she found, and take questions.

10 min - Julian Assange/ Chelsea Manning update - Rich

15 min - Nuts and bolts of membership outreach; how can we
  contact our members and get them involved?  Use of voter
    maps / precinct captains, etc.

20 min - Update on GPCA meeting in SF on May 18 and 19 / choose
  our delegates

5 min - Announcements

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date - Green Party of California meeting in SF!
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Sat-Sun, May 18-19, 2019

The Green Party of California's next General Assembly (GA) will be
held on May 18 & 19, 2019, at the Redstone Building, 2490 16th St.,
San Francisco, CA 94103

If you want to be a delegate, come to our meeting on April 24,
where we will choose delegates, or email cc at sfgreens.org before
that meeting so we know you're interested.

Thank you to the Green Party of Alameda County for hosting.

A draft agenda and other details are posted here:
http://www.cagreens.org/ga/2019-05