[SFGP] Greenzine: monthly meeting this Wed

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Mar 25 10:30:02 PDT 2019

March 25

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Please join us for our monthly meeting this Wednesday!
Details are below.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg #301 (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, March 27, 7 - 9 pm

Agenda:

5 min - Intros

10 min - Resolution in support of Julian Assange / Chelsea Manning

10 min - Planning outreach - mobile, not tabling
  March 30 Pro-Palestine march
  March 31 Sunday Streets Excelsior
  March 31 Anti-war march in Oakland
  April 14 Sunday Steets Tenderloin

15 min - nuts and bolts of membership outreach; how can we
  contact our members and get them involved?  Use of voter
  maps / precinct captains, etc.

15 min - Wiener watch: proposal to oppose SB50, based on
  Kathy Howard's statement (Barry will post to active list)

15 min - Discussion/update on social housing in SF (tentative)

10 min - update on GPCA meeting in SF on May 18 and 19

30 min - Revisit BDS resolution - any needed updates or edits?
  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/issues/13-israel-bds
  The edited language from our March meeting should be posted to the
  active list, in order to allow more broad input, then finalized
  online or at our April meeting.

5 min - Announcements

*===========================*

What:  Join Greens at Sunday Streets Excelsior
Where:  Excesior Branch Library, 4400 Mission (@ Avalon), SF
When:  Sun, Mar 31, 11 am-4 pm

Greens will be walking around Sunday Streets as a group, talking to
voters and handing out literature.

Our contact person will be Barry Hermanson; call him at 415-255-9494
to find out where we are at any point.  If you want us to bring you a
sign, email cc at sfgreens.org in advance.

*===========================*

What:  Debate: Global Emergency Climate Mobilization - Is It Even Possible?
Where:  UC Berkeley, 201 Moses Hall, Berkeley, CA
When:  Thurs, April 4, 4 pm - 5:30 pm

Green Party member Rupert Read will be speaking at the University of
Berkeley on the 4th of April at a debate on the topic of 'Global
Emergency Climate Mobilization - Is It Even Possible?'.  He's very
involved in the Green Party of England and Wales, having previously
run for parliament and the European parliament on a number of
occasions.  Recently, his talk about the catastrophic
civilization-ending threat of climate change at the University of
Cambridge has been viewed over 60,000 times on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCxFPzdO0Y

More info about the Berkeley event is available on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/events/314336235952124/

What:  Join Greens at Sunday Streets Tenderloin
Where:  Meet at Main Library, Civic Center Side
When:  Sun, April 14, 11 am-4 pm