[SFGP] Greenzine: candidate forum and endorsement meeting this Wed, 9/18

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sun Sep 15 21:59:33 PDT 2019

September 15

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    At our meeting last month, we finished making endorsements on
all ballot measures, and we endorsed Joel Ventresca for Mayor!
All details of our endorsements to date, and the official argument
we submitted to the Department of Elections in opposition to Prop D,
are here on our website:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/90-november-2019-endorsements

    We will finish making our endorsements for other contests this
Wednesday.  Please read the candidates' questionnaires linked below,
so we don't ask questions we've already asked.

    Other events, including an important "close the camps" rally
happening tomorrow, are detailed below.

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Endorsement Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) SF
When:  Wed, Sep 18, 6:30-9 pm

We will interview all remaining candidates at this meeting, and will
finish making all our endorsement decisions (including D5 Supe, which
we postponed from our August meeting).

Please read the questionnaires below before the meeting:

* D5 Supervisor:
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/brown_d5.html
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/preston_d5.html

* Board of Education:
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/coleman_boe.html
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/lam_boe.html
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/strobel_boe.html

* District Attorney:
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/boudin_da.html
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/dautch_da.html
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/tung_da.html

* Public Defender:
  http://sfgreens.org/questionnaires/2019/raju_pd.html

*===========================*

What:  Close the Camps - Free our Children
Where:  SF; See detailed schedule below
When:  Mon, Sep 16, 11 am - evening

Close the Camps - Free Our Children is a Bay Area grassroots coalition
drawn together by outrage at the horrific mistreatment of immigrants
at our borders, particularly children.  We are people of color,
faith-based groups, community members, artists, citizens and
non-citizens, attorneys, labor, activist, students, parents, allied
organizations and concerned community members that are committed to
closing the camps and freeing innocent children.

Contact number - 415-206-0577

SCHEDULE OF ACTIONS:

11:00 AM RALLY at 24th & Mission Street
12:00 Noon MARCH to City Hall
1:00 PM RALLY at City Hall
3:00 PM Protest at ICE
3:00 PM Delegation to present DEMANDS to Congresswoman Pelosi
3:00 PM Delegation to present DEMANDS to Senator Feinstein
6:00 PM Mexican Independence Day Celebration & Rally at 24th & Mission St

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 25, 7-9 pm

The detailed agenda will be set later.  However, at this time,
we have:

* Visit and Discussion with Howie Hawkins, who is campaigning
  for the Green Party's Presidential nomination in 2020.
  Howie Hawkins is from NY, and is the original author of
  the Green New Deal.

* Various California Green Pary decisions:
  http://int-cagreens.nationbuilder.com/sga_vote_id_184_to_189
  http://int-cagreens.nationbuilder.com/sga_vote_id_190

* Finalize our Green Voter Guide and plan campaign outreach
  and events through the November election.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org