[SFGP] Greenzine: meet Green New Deal author Howie Hawkins this Wed

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Sep 23 08:03:05 PDT 2019

September 23

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    At our special endorsement meeting last week, we finished making
all our endorsements for this November's election.  New endorsements
include Chesa Boudin for DA, Mano Raju for Public Defender, and a
ranked endorsement of Dean Preston (#1) and Vallie Brown (#2) for
District 5 Supe!  All details of our endorsements to date, and the
official argument we submitted to the Department of Elections in
opposition to Prop D, are here on our website:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/90-november-2019-endorsements

    We'll include events for all of our endorsed campaigns and
candidates in future newsletters, so please show up to help them win!

    At our regular monthly meeting this Wed, we're excited to have
Howie Hawkins, the original author of the Green New Deal, join us for
the evening.  Hawkins is one of several candidates running for the
Green Party's presidential nomination in 2020.  While we have not
endorsed any candidate, we welcome all of them to join us to discuss
their platform and how they plan to grow the Green Party!  Please join
us for what should be a fun and informative discussion, and bring any
questions you would like to raise.

    The agenda for our meeting, and other upcoming events, are below:

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 25, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

* Introductions

* Visit and Discussion with Howie Hawkins, who is campaigning
  for the Green Party's Presidential nomination in 2020.
  We'll discuss with Hawkins his proposals to address the
  climate crisis compared with other presidential candidates,
  plans for the 2020 campaign, and any other issues Greens
  wish to raise.

* Various California Green Pary decisions:
  http://int-cagreens.nationbuilder.com/sga_vote_id_184_to_189
  http://int-cagreens.nationbuilder.com/sga_vote_id_190

* Finalize our Green Voter Guide and plan campaign outreach
  and events through the November election.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Vote in KPFA elections
Where:  online
When:  through October 15

Greens who are KPFA members have asked us for recommendations for the
Local Station Board elections.  These elections are ongoing through
October 15, and people who were already members before a couple of
months ago should have gotten ballots by email.  This is a ranked
choice election in which voters can rank all the candidates.

The SF Green Party has endorsed the entire Rescue Pacifica slate,
which includes two Greens: Christine Pepin and Don Macleay.  The other
members of that slate are Marilyn Langlois, Mantra Helene Plonsey,
Karina Stenquist, and Tom Voorhees.  Finally, after ranking all
members of Rescue Pacifica, we recommend that KPFA members also rank
Aki Tanaka and Carol Wolfley on their ballots.