[SFGP] Greenzine: March endorsements, upcoming meetings and events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Jan 18 11:05:25 PST 2020

January 18

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Happy MLK weekend!  Greens from around the Bay Area will be
participating in "Reclaim MLK's Radical Legacy" in Oakland this
weekend.  And please join us for our monthly meeting this coming
Wednesday to kick off an election year of Green organizing.  Details
on these events are below.

    Thanks to everybody who participated in our special endorsement
meeting for the March 3rd election.  We'll be posting a complete voter
guide in the upcoming week or so, but a summary is already online:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/91-march-2020-endorsements

    And if you have any time to volunteer in the South Bay, the Green
Party is running a candidate in the March election for the San José
City Council!  Jake Tonkel has been endorsed by his local Green Party
and many other progressives, so please help if you can:
https://jake4d6.com/

    Greens have also written several good articles in the Bayview
newspaper:
* Barry Hermanson wrote about SF 50 and "trickle down housing":
  https://sfbayview.com/2019/12/trickle-down-housing/
* Anne Garrison reported from the California Progressive Alliance:
  https://sfbayview.com/2020/01/voices-of-the-california-progressive-alliance/

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Jan 22, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

* Introductions

* Outreach for the March election - printed voter guide?

* Voter outreach after the March primary - new literature and
  strategy to get people to re-register Green if they switched
  to Dem to vote in their primary.  Also, what outreach can
  we be doing with our current members in order to get them more
  involved?

* Events in 2020 - Sunday Streets, Haight St, Pride.  Need to
  register early for some events, and plan new literature.

* A Green New Deal for San Francisco - how can we synergize with
  the national party's Green New Deal platform to promote similar
  local legislative priorities, such as social housing and free
  public transit?

* Presentation from Laksh Bhasin from the Berniecrats on updates
  to their Social Housing ballot measure that we helped with last year.
  Possible endorsement and organizing strategy for this year.

* Announcements

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  6th Annual Reclaim MLK's Radical Legacy Weekend
Where:  Oscar Grant Plaza, 14th Street and Broadway, Oakland
When:  All this weekend, Jan 18-20

Greens from around the Bay Area are joining with like-minded
organizations to lift up the radical legacy of Martin Luther King all
weekend long.

Many events are posted on this page, culminating in the 6th Annual
Rally and March on Monday, 1/20, at noon at Oscar Grant Plaza, 14th
and Broadway:

https://www.facebook.com/events/606684710071623/

What:  Extinction Rebellion Bay Area Organizing Meeting
Where:  South Berkeley Senior Center, 2939 Ellis St, Berkeley
When:  Sun, Jan 19, 2-4 pm

At this XR meeting, we will join together to awaken and unify to a
common purpose.  We will look ahead to create a plan of action for
Earth Day and beyond!

This is a like-minded event, not sponsored by the Green Party.