[SFGP] SFGP Newsletter: Peace Rally Saturday; General Meeting March 24

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Mar 18 21:49:42 PDT 2010

Hello Fellow Greens,

We need volunteers to help with voter registration and outreach at the
peace rally March 20. The San Francisco Green Party will have a booth at
Civic Center Plaza for the rally at 11 AM. If you can help, please email
our county council at cc at sfgreens.org or just show up.

Volunteers who help us table may become "active" members within the SF
Green Party, and become eligible to vote on our endorsements.

EVENTS:

Peace Rally
Saturday, March 20
11 AM
Civic Center Plaza
Join us to show your support for peace and help register voters at our booth.

SF Green Party March General Meeting
Wednesday, March 24
7-9 PM
Cafe Tazo, located at 3090 16th Street between Mission and Valencia Streets
Agenda includes discussion on organizing to fix MUNI, planning
for the anti-sit/lie event on March 27, opposition to big box stores,
and a decision on endorsement for or against Proposition 13 (the new
one, on the June 2010 ballot).

Stand Against Sit/Lie Sidewalk Event
Saturday, March 27
10 AM
The SF Green Party will be participating in this city-wide celebration
of public space. We are looking for ideas for fun sidewalk actions. Please
come to our general meeting next Wednesday, or email our county council at
cc at sfgreens.org with your ideas.

For more information about this event, visit
http://www.standagainstsitlie.org/.

April 10 and 11
Green Festival
http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco-spring/

NEWS:

Obama tries to fire Mark Sanchez!
It's not personal, but draconian federal education policy leaves
Principal Sanchez with few good options in his efforts to turn around
Horace Mann Middle School:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/09/MNSC1CCPHU.DTL

SF Green Party endorses campaign to repeal Proposition 8
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-20225-SF-LGBT-Issues-Examiner~y2010m2d25-San-Francisco-Green-Party-endorses-the-campaign-to-repeal-Prop-8-this-year

Stop PG&E's Power Grab (3 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7oeEzpkRU

The 'Public Option': Democrats' Scam Becomes More Transparent
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/03/12-5

The SFPUC has been giving away toxic sewage sludge as free 'organic
compost' since 2007
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=62619@kpix.dayport.com
http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/The-Citys-free-compost-causes-stink-86494692.html

Locally Owned Utilities Sue to Disqualify Proposition 16, PG&E's
Misleading Bid to Lock In Its Monopoly
http://www.sfcityattorney.org/index.aspx?page=285
http://www.sfcityattorney.org/index.aspx?page=1

http://www.sfgreenparty.org