[SFGP] Newsletter:

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Mar 26 07:00:58 PDT 2010

Green Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who made it to the meeting Wednesday, our attendance has
been up significantly since we gave up the office, go figure.  This week we
took a groundbreaking step by hiring our first paid staff member!  We are
hoping this long-awaited move will be a big step towards improving our
organization and effectiveness, and expanding the party.  A warm welcome
goes out to Michelle Monares, our new part-time fundraiser/volunteer
coordinator, please be nice to her if she gives you a call. ;)

Friday, March 26, 7pm
*Arundhati Roy, Alice Walker and David Barsamian - All together for one
night only!*
Join world-renowned Indian author, global justice activist, and Booker Prize
winning novelist Arundhati Roy for a discussion from her latest collection
of essays, Field Notes on Democracy: Listening to Grasshoppers, followed by
a conversation with David Barsamian of Alternative Radio, and Alice Walker!
Mission High School Auditorium, 3750 18th St.
Tickets available at the door or:  http://www.haymarketbooks.org
$35 general admission, $15 students & $100 VIP. Expected to sell-out, buy
tix in advance to guarantee seat.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=361997826702&ref=mf

Saturday 10am-1pm
*Stand Against Sit/Lie!* - Citywide day of action to celebrate our city’s
public space, vibrant culture, and tradition of tolerance.  *The Board of
Supervisors will soon be voting on a law that would make it illegal to sit
or lie on any sidewalk in SF! *
Join the SF Green's demonstration at 22nd & Mission where Vicki & John are
hosting "Doggies & Donuts." We'll have water, dog treats, donuts, and, of
course, dogs.  We'll also be collecting signatures to repeal Prop 8 and
registering voters.  Everyone is welcome, human, canine, or whatever to have
a seat and stand up for your rights! Then join the end of the day
celebration at 4 PM at Castro & Market!
http://www.standagainstsitlie.org/

*Two weeks left to collect signatures for Gay Marriage!!*
Exciting and timely news!  According to the latest Public Policy Institute
of California poll, 50% of respondents support gay marriage while opposition
has dropped to 45%. This is the first time the PPIC polls have recorded
majority support in California!!
Contact us at cc at sfgreens.org to get involved in making history!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=195366991209&ref=mf

*Green activist, Dave Snyder is starting a Transit Rider's Union, get into
it: *
http://muniriders.org

April 10 & 11
*Green Festival tabling, *
http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco-spring/
Tabling is one of the best ways for us to build the party and volunteers
become eligible to vote on our endorsements.  If you can help, we'd love
your company, contact the County Council at cc at sfgreens.org
*
Buying Power
How PG&E and Mercury Insurance are spending millions to try to trick
Californians into voting for corporate interests*
http://www.sfbg.com/2010/03/16/buying-power

*Green Gubernatorial candidate Laura Wells was on KPFA*, check it:
http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/59361

*San Francisco, Municipalities, Sue to Strike Prop 16 from June Ballot*
http://www.fogcityjournal.com/wordpress/2010/03/18/san-francisco-municipalities-sue-to-strike-prop-16-from-june-ballot/

Peace!