[SFGP] Greenzine: Happy Labor Day!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Sep 1 09:04:48 PDT 2023

September 1, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Although there's no election in SF this November, we're still
actively doing outreach and recruiting new members!  We have new
handouts printed in Spanish and English.  Join us this Sunday in
Dolores Park for the Mime Troupe's closing weekend, and in two weeks
at the Haight-Ashbury Street Fair.  Details on both events are below.

    And although it's not a government election, KPFA voting is
underway, and listener subscribers to the radio station are eligible
to vote.  If you are a KPFA member, please see below for our
endorsements.

    In case you missed Alameda County's recent "Green Sunday"
discussion of Cornel West's candidacy for the Green Party Presidential
nomination, it's online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr6r2WN0WyM

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at the SF Mime Troupe's closing weekend
Where:  Dolores Park, meet by entrance at Church and 18th St
When:  Sun, Sep 3, 1 pm - 4 pm

We'll be doing voter outreach at the Mime Troupe's show in
Dolores Park on Sun, Sep 3.  Their play this year is called
"Breakdown."  https://www.sfmt.org/

Note that there will also be a performance on Labor Day, Sep 4,
but we are only doing outreach at this Sunday's show.

The play will start at 2 pm, with music at 1:30.  Volunteers are
needed to help us set up our table and do voter outreach starting at 1
pm.  Help us register new Greens and find people willing to help win
Medicare for All; email if you can help out: cc at sfgreens.org.

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Haight-Ashbury Street Fair
Where:  South side of Haight St, near Clayton/Cole
When:  Sun, Sep 17, 10:30 am - 5:30 pm

We'll be doing voter outreach and registering new Greens at this
year's Haight St Fair, which has been rescheduled from its usual June
time slot this year.

We'll need volunteers to help staff our table, sign up volunteers, and
register new Greens!  Our booth location will be the south side of
Haight St near Clayton and Cole.  The fair runs from 11 am - 5:30 pm,
and we also need volunteers to set up at 10:30 am and break down
between 5:30 and 6 pm.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if you can help!

*===========================*

What:  KPFA voting
Where:  online
When:  now through September 30

A candidate forum was posted online, and is available from the
KPFA archives:
https://kpfa.org/episode/lsb-candidate-on-air-forum-august-18-2023/

We strongly recommend voting for the "Rescue Pacifica" ticket.  To
make maximum use of your "single transferable vote," please vote for all
eight candidates (in any order).  The Rescue-Pacifica ticket is:

* Rich Stone (a SF Green Party County Council member)
* Cheryl Davila
* Stan Woods
* Edward Escobar
* Pathma Venasithamby
* Dr. Nayvin Gordon
* Steve Zeltzer
* Elizabeth Milos

    Read more about the candidates, platform, and endorsements at
https://RescuePacifica.net/