[SFGP] Greenzine: Join us at the Haight St Fair!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Sep 16 13:24:22 PDT 2023

September 16, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Please join us tomorrow, September 17, for voter outreach at the
Haight-Ashbury Street Fair!  We'll have a booth and be doing outreach
all day.  See details below.

    KPFA voting is still underway, and listener subscribers to the
radio station are eligible to vote.  If you are a KPFA member, please
see below for our endorsements.

    Barry Hermanson wrote an article in the SF Bay View newspaper
about Cornel West's campaign for the Green Party Presidential
nomination:
  https://sfbayview.com/2023/09/cornel-west-offers-voters-a-choice/

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Haight-Ashbury Street Fair
Where:  Booth C20S, South side of Haight St, near Clayton/Cole
When:  Sun, Sep 17, 10 am - 5:30 pm

We'll be doing voter outreach and registering new Greens at this
year's Haight St Fair, which has been rescheduled from its usual June
time slot this year.

We'll need volunteers to help staff our table, sign up volunteers, and
register new Greens!  Our booth location is C20S, on the south side of
Haight St between Clayton and Belvedere.  The fair runs from 11 am -
5:30 pm, and we also need volunteers to set up at 10 am and break down
between 5:30 and 6 pm.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if you can help!

*===========================*

What:  KPFA voting
Where:  online
When:  now through September 30

A candidate forum was posted online, and is available from the
KPFA archives:
https://kpfa.org/episode/lsb-candidate-on-air-forum-august-18-2023/

We strongly recommend voting for the "Rescue Pacifica" ticket.  To
make maximum use of your "single transferable vote," please vote for all
eight candidates (in any order).  The Rescue-Pacifica ticket is:

* Rich Stone (a SF Green Party County Council member)
* Cheryl Davila
* Stan Woods
* Edward Escobar
* Pathma Venasithamby
* Dr. Nayvin Gordon
* Steve Zeltzer
* Elizabeth Milos

    Read more about the candidates, platform, and endorsements at
https://RescuePacifica.net/

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date - Green Party monthly members' meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 27, 7-9 pm

The agenda will be set at the CC meeting the week before.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members and invited candidates to participate in our meetings via
Zoom, so email cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us
virtually.