[SFGP] Greenzine: SF Green Party Endorsements for March 2024 election

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Feb 3 14:45:03 PST 2024

February 3, 2024

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We made endorsements for the March election at our meeting in
January!  We plan to write a Green Voter Guide with all the reasons
behind our endorsements, but we're sending a summary out now as
ballots have already arrived.  Please forward to anybody who's
interested.  Some events in support of our endorsed candidates and
propositions are also listed below.

CA Prop 1: No

SF Superior Court Judge, seat 1:  Michael Begert

SF Prop A (Housing Bond): No
SF Prop B (More Police): No
SF Prop C (Developer Tax Break): No
SF Prop D (Ethics Reform): Yes
SF Prop E (Let Cops Do Anything): No
SF Prop F (Drug Test Poor People): No
SF Prop G (Algebra): Yes

    Green Presidential candidate Jill Stein recently had a public
dialog with Max Blumenthal:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrdRw2isXH0

    We need help maintaining the Green Party's ballot access in CA!
See the message below you can send to your friends to help us keep our
voter registration numbers up.

    We are also still seeking donations to cover our costs for the
Matt Gonzalez reunion back in December; if you can donate, please do
so on our website: https://sfgreenparty.org/donate

*===========================*

What:  Volunteer with No on Prop E
When:  Sun, February 4, 11 am

Two civil liberties organizations, ACLU and EFF, are leading the fight
against Prop E.  Please join them this Sunday:

San Francisco voters will confront a looming threat to their privacy
and civil liberties on the March 5, 2024 ballot.  If Proposition E
passes, we can expect the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) will
use untested and potentially dangerous technology on the public, any
time they want, for a full year without oversight.  Join the ACLU,
EFF, and allies for an in-person Volunteer Day of Action on Sunday,
February 4.

Lunch will be provided and attendees will have the opportunity to pick
up signs, make art, contact voters, and head out into the community to
talk about Prop E.

RSVP TODAY: https://eff.org/SundayPropE

*===========================*

What:  Maintain Green Party ballot access

Here's a way to help us build and publicize the Green Party (which
also helps us increase our voter registration numbers, so we can
continue to stay on the ballot).  Which is to email the message below
(or something like it) to many, or even to all, of your friends who
currently aren't, or might not be, registered Green.  And because
people can start voting on February 5, please do email it out soon.
(Please be sure to "sign" the message at the very end).

Thank you so much!

[[ Subject line:Outraged about Gaza?  Register and Vote Green Party!]]

Hi Friends,

If you too are outraged that Biden hasn't called for a ceasefire in
Gaza then I urge you take a strong action and register and vote Green
Party in the upcoming Presidential Primary election.  Because
California has a "Top Two" primary, registering Green won't affect
your ability to vote for any other public office.

Unlike Biden, as well as the majority of Congressional Democrats,
Green Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein has issued a clear
demand for a ceasefire, as has the Green Party.

Most libraries and post offices have postage-paid voter registration
cards, or you can register Green online via the Secretary of State's
website, at: https://registertovote.ca.gov/

Solidarity,[[ Your name goes here ]]

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date - Green Party monthly members' meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Feb 28, 7-9 pm

The detailed agenda will be set at the CC meeting the week before.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members and invited candidates to participate in our meetings via
Zoom, so email cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us
virtually.