[Sustain] Fwd: SPECIAL: Home Planet Money Emergency

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 29 15:02:19 PST 2007

Here is an interesting set of articles comprising
a good primer on the current home mortgage crisis and the primary players.

Traceable cause?:

"The troubles faced by Citigroup are linked to
the enormous expansion of speculation by US
banks. This speculation has been encouraged by
the deregulation of the financial sector,
including the repeal of the Depression-era
Glass-Steagall Act in 1999. The repeal, carried
out under the Clinton administration, broke down
the wall between investment and commercial
banking. This made conglomerates such as
Citigroup possible, and encouraged the closer
integration of the banking system with Wall Street. "

Banking deregulation has put more power in to a
complexity of business relationships overseen by
many who practice and make the law.  I am
increasingly convinced that the legal profession
has drawn a large share of unscrupulous
practitioners who define the laws by their
limits, and what can be transgressed without
breaking "legal" boundaries, or in this case, extending the boundaries.

I can share my thoughts at a later time on this
Cabal that has been forming since Reagan days,
and has been enabled by Democrats like Clinton,
whose "run government like a corporation" ethic transgresses party lines.

But for now, enjoy the heartbreak,

Don

>To: keith lampe <prez at usa-exile.org>
>Subject: SPECIAL: Home Planet Money Emergency
>From: "President, USA Exile Govt" <prez at usa-exile.org>
>Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:48:19 -0500
>FREE UNIVERSITY
>Transferring Prime Human Attention from Objects to States of Mind
>   Via <prez at usa-exile.org>
>    November 29, 2007
>
>Dear Friends and Colleagues,
>      Peter Myers has put together an
> interesting mix of pieces on the current
> financial meltdown--and here they are.
>
>Regards,
>
>Pondo
>
>From: Peter Myers <myers at cyberone.com.au>
>Date: November 29, 2007 5:57:00 AM EST
>To: Howard Miller <macserve at applelinks.net>
>Subject: Lyndon LaRouche, ignored at home, but endorsed by Chinese Government
>
>Critics might say I am a supporter of Lyndon
>LaRouche; but I find his material a mixed bag.
>
>Although he plays only a small role in the US,
>Britain & Australia, partly through the media’s
>demonisation of him (when it is not just
>ignoring him), he does play a major role in the
>world, because his literature reveals at least
>part of the conspiracy running those countries.
>China’s government learns much about what is
>really going on, from his literature, and, no
>doubt, from conspiracy-revealing websites on the internet.
>
>In the West, we are rubbished as Conspiracy
>Theorists. But on a world scale, we are important.
>
>(1) Credit crisis reveals widespread accounting manipulation by top US banks
>(2) China trying to dump $1.4 trillion in U.S.
>Securities for Euro denominated purchases
>(3) Lyndon LaRouche, ignored at home, but endorsed by Chinese Government
>(4) China’s press report on Larouche’s statement on financial crisis
>(5) US banking crisis - Citigroup borrows $7.5 billion from Abu Dhabi
>
>(1) Credit crisis reveals widespread accounting manipulation by top US banks
>
>From: "Dick Eastman" <olfriend at nwinfo.net>
>Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:10:17 -0800
>
><http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/nov2007/econ-n27.shtml>http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/nov2007/econ-n27.shtml

>Credit crisis reveals widespread accounting manipulation by top US banks
>
>By Joe Kay
>
>The developing credit crisis in the United
>States, linked to the bursting of the housing
>market bubble, is beginning to reveal the
>accounting manipulations employed by major US
>banks to engage in speculative activities and
>hide risks. Several major banks have already
>announced billions of dollars in losses
>associated with subprime mortgages, and in the
>next months are expected to announce tens of
>billions of dollars in further write-downs.
>
>Among those most severely affected is
>Citigroup—an American financial conglomerate
>that is the world’s largest company measured by
>asset value. CNBC reported on Monday that
>Citigroup is planning major cost-cutting in
>response to its difficulties, with layoffs of up
> [...]

Don Eichelberger
DJ Fix Independent Productions

Green Uprising Blog
www.greenuprising.blogspot.com

My You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRp5rGJoUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySwwyZfDgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9rK8nPREA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UbnJ0kUqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SktIYTyC1U

Donny Fix del.icio.us book marks
http://del.icio.us/donnyfix

The Hegelian/Marxist goal is emancipation.  Marx said it best in 1843:

"Human emancipation wll only be complete when the
real, individual man (sic) is absorbed into
himself the abstract citizen; when as an
individual man, in his every day life, in his
work and in his relationships, he has become a
species-being (politically accountabe to the
whole); and when he recognizes and realizes his
own power as social powers, so that he no  longer
separates this social power from himself as political power."