[SFGP Volunteers] URGENT call for phone bankers: Monday, Oct. 15, 7 to 9; Wed., Oct. 17, 7 to 9; bring cell phones

susan_e_vaughan at juno.com susan_e_vaughan at juno.com
Sun Oct 14 14:47:07 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

This election cycle is REALLY important.  His Republican Holiness Donald Fisher, in collusion with the construction company Webcor, has put a measure on the ballot that would turn San Francisco into a pollution and traffic nightmare -- Proposition H.  In a last minute deal with Board President Aaron Peskin, supporters of H (the usuals: Committee on Jobs and the Republican Party and so on) agreed to refrain from campaigning in support of H in return for a "February Compromise."

Don't ask.  The Greens would have opposed the compromise.  WOULD HAVE.  Lord Fisher has reneged on the deal and has sent out a mailer to get H passed.  We found this out today.

This year the active Greens have managed to print a Green Party Election Newspaper.  We have never been able to do this before.  This newspaper has a long, readable explanation of our opposition to Proposition H.  We have been able to print it and pay for the first mailing to absentee voter Greens.

WE NEED TO RAISE THE MONEY TO SEND THE NEWSPAPER TO THE REST OF THE REGISTERED GREENS.

WE NEED YOUR HELP PHONE BANKING REGISTERED GREENS TO RAISE THAT MONEY.

WE ARE PHONE BANKING ON MONDAY, OCT. 15 FROM 7 TO 9 P.M., AND WED., OCT. 17. FROM 7 TO 9 P.M. 9 (we will hold a shortened General Membersip meeting starting at 9 p.m.).

PLEASE BRING YOUR CELL PHONES AND COME JOIN US FOR A NIGHT OF PHONE BANKING AND FOOD.

WHERE: 1028A HOWARD STREET, BETWEEN SIXTH AND SEVENTH, CLOSER TO 6TH

Sue Vaughan
(415) 668-3119 or (415) 601-9297