[SFGP] Special Announcement About Upcoming Green Party Endorsement Meetings

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Aug 26 13:49:08 PDT 2008

Hello Fellow Greens,

The fall campaign season is well under way. The San Francisco Green Party
(SFGP) invites our members to join us for our upcoming endorsement meetings, to
be held at the following dates and times:

Wednesday, August 27, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 3, 6 - 10 p.m.

Both meetings will be held at the Green Party office, located at 1028 A
Howard Street near 6th Street in San Francisco.

August 27 is our General Meeting, which is now the 4th Wednesday of each
month beginning at 7 PM.  On this date, we will consider state and local ballot
initiatives.  We have already endorsed a "yes" position on propositions H (Clean
Energy) and K (Decriminalization of Sex Work).  More information about this
meeting and the propositions may be found here:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/events-itemfromhome.gem?idx=1843

Our September 3 meeting will be a candidate forum open to the public from 6 -
9 p.m.  Candidates have been given questionnaires, and those who complete and
submit their questionnaires to us are invited to the forum.  Active members
will then deliberate on candidate endorsements from 9 - 10 p.m.

The SFGP has already endorsed the following people:
Ross Mirkarimi for District 5 Supervisor http://www.rossmirkarimi.com/
Mark Sanchez for District 9 Supervisor http://www.marksanchez.org/
Bruce Wolfe for College Board http://www.brucewolfe.net/citycollegeboard/
Barry Hermanson for Congress in District 12 http://barryhermanson.org/
Cindy Sheehan for Congress in District 8 http://www.cindyforcongress.com/

We encourage our members to get involved this political season.  Volunteer
opportunities are available with the campaigns listed above.  Please visit their
web sites and contact the campaigns directly to see how you can help.

The SFGP intends to assemble a voter guide to be mailed to all of our
registered members for the November election.  We need to raise funds for the
printing and mailing of these voter guides.  Please make a donation toward this
effort!  Mail checks to:
San Francisco Green Party
1028 A Howard Street
San Francisco, CA  94103