[SFGP] Announcement List For The San Francisco Green Party - Final

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Jul 10 23:18:59 PDT 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY
Friday, July 11, 2008

Send Announcement items to news at sfgreens.org.
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meeting is held 7:30 p.m. every Third Wednesday of the Month
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th Streets)
Meeting Minutes Archive: http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/minutes.gem

EVENTS (San Francisco, unless otherwise noted)

* National Green Party Convention: July 10-13, Chicago, IL
http://www.greenparty2008.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Pacifica Radio will be covering the Green Party Presidential Nominating Convention on Sunday, July 13, 9 a.m. to Noon.  KPFA-FM 94.1 or http://kpfa.org/

* Ross Mirkarimi and John Rizzo on Sierra Club Radio, Green 960: Saturday, July 12.
Green 960-AM or live streaming at <http://www.green960.com/main.html>http://www.green960.com/main.html

* Green Party General Membership Meeting: Wednesday, July 16, 7:30 p.m.
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

* 18th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act:  Friday July 18, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
San Francisco City Hall, South Light Court
All year long, we fight for our rights.  Now, let’s celebrate our accomplishments so we can recharge and continue the fight! Please join Sup. Tom Ammiano, Mary Lou Breslin, CADA, MDC and MOD to honor members of our diverse community. Event is wheelchair accessible, captioned and ASL interpreted. For other accommodations, please contact MOD at mod at sfgov.org, 415-554-6789, or 554-6799 (TTY).

* California Green Party General Assembly: Aug. 23-24
Dana Point, Orange County
Look for details at http://cagreens.org/plenary

* Open Government Assembly: Friday and Saturday, Oct. 17-18
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
The event brings current First Amendment and freedom-of-information issues into focus and includes presentation of CFAC's Beacon Awards recognizing First Amendment and FOI champions.  Program details TBA.
http://www.cfac.org/content/index.php/cfac-assembly/index
_______________________

NEWS

McKinney Expected to Get Green Party Nomination
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/20

Congress Buckles To Israeli Pressure to Impose Strict Sanctions Against Iran
http://therealnews.com/t/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=1810&updaterx=2008-07-04+09%3A37%3A50

Support SF's Clean Energy Act
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=6687&catid=4

ACLU Sues Over Unconstitutional Dragnet Wiretapping Law
http://www.aclu.org/safefree/nsaspying/35942prs20080710.html

Greens At The Chicago Convention, July 10-13, To Collect And Donate Items To Homeless Shelters
http://www.gp.org/Press/Pr-national.php?Id=73

McGoldrick's privatization betrayal
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=6698&catid=408/07/09/mckinney_green_party.html

Green Party Member Joe Lynn on Your Call Radio discussing the state of our democracy
<http://yourcallradio.blogspot.com/2008/07/your-call-070708-is-our-democracy.ht>http://yourcallradio.blogspot.com/2008/07/your-call-070708-is-our-democracy.html

Greens Elated At News Of Colombian Green Party Leader Ingrid Betancourt's Rescue
http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=76

Death Of 17-Year-Old Pregnant Farm Worker Incites Campaign Against Trader Joe's
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=6685&catid=4