[SFGP] Greenzine: Endorsement meeting next Wednesday

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Aug 21 22:55:27 PDT 2013

August 21, 2013

It's election season again!  Come hear about and decide our positions
on the propositions on our local ballot at our monthly meeting next
Wednesday (see below).  We will also invite some candidates for local
office to our September monthly meeting to discuss issues with Green
Party voters.

Also, save the date to hear Jill Stein speak in San Francisco on
Monday Sep 16th (see below).

NEWS:

1. People are dying in the Prisoner Hunger Strike!  Pick up the phone
and call toll-free 855-468-2796 & demand that Gov. Brown negotiate
with the prisoners and prison officials to end solitary confinement
and other inhuman treatment.  BIG Rally this Sat. Aug. 24th in Oakland
at 5 pm Oscar Grant Plaza 14th & Broadway.

2. Save Golden Gate Park! The lawyers on both sides presented their
cases at the Beach Chalet/CEQA trial last Friday. The judge is
deliberating on it and set another court date for Wednesday August 28.
Questions?  Contact sfoceanedge at earthlink.net.

3. Save City College!  City College is open and accredited and we need
your help to save the school for good. Here are some things you can
do:
 1) Get involved: To volunteer, please contact info at saveccsf.org
 2) Join a Save CCSF Committee
 3) Inform yourself: www.saveccsf.org has a lot of great information,
    as do SF Green Party and City College Facebook pages.
 4) Sign up for text updates by texting "follow saveccsfnow" to 404042.

4. Fall election Nov. 5, 2013.  Only District 4 (the Sunset) will have
an election for Supervisor this year.  Also on the ballot are
candidates for the offices of City Attorney, Assessor-Recorder and
Treasurer - all are incumbents without any opposition.  There will
also be 4 ballot measures.  Come to our next two monthly meetings to
get more info and to have input into our endorsements!

AUGUST-SEPTEMBER EVENTS:

1. Green Party Monthly Meeting