[SFGP] Greenzine: join us at Sunday Streets this weekend

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jul 14 09:01:07 PDT 2017

July 14

    Thanks to everybody who volunteered at the Mime Troupe SF opening
in Dolores Park on July 4!  Many voters are still unaware of SF's new
"luxury condos everywhere" rezoning law, and we have only a little
time left to put a referendum to overturn it on the ballot.  Please
join us at Sunday Streets this Sunday to help with voter outreach
and gather more signatures for the referendum.

*===========================*

What: Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where: Valencia St near 16th St
When: Sun, July 16 from 11-4 pm

We'll be walking up an down Valencia Street, giving people our new
mini-Platform card and encouraging them to join the Green Party.  We
will also have petitions to overturn SF's new "luxury condos
everywhere" rezoning law, and will sign up people to help us win
Medicare for All.  If you can help out, please email cc at sfgreens.org.

(This is also very nearby to the peace talk, below, so you're welcome
to leave before 3 pm to go to that event.)

*===========================*

What: Peace Talk - Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
Where: Eric Quesada Center, 518 Valencia St, near 16th St
When: Sun, July 16 from 3-5 pm

The East Bay and San Francisco branches of Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) present historian, author and
activist Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz in this third of four Peace Talks
presented by WILPF.  She will speak on "The Historical Roots of
Endless Wars and Gun Violence and Hope for Solutions and
Transformation."  Roxanne will be in conversation with Kate Raphael,
author and producer of KPFA's Womens Magazine.

All are welcome, wheelchair accessible, refreshments.

*===========================*

What:  San Francisco Living Wage Coalition Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, July 19, from 6-8 pm.

The Living Wage Coalition is building a grassroots movement of
low-wage workers and their allies to win economic justice.  Anyone who
works full time should be able to survive on what they earn and
support themselves and their children.  We are engaged in a
transformative rethinking of the economy that makes the goals of
public policy living wage jobs for all. Come to be a part of
discussing next steps in pursuing an economic justice agenda.

For more information, call 863-1225 or email sflivingwage at riseup.net
or visit www.livingwage-sf.org

What:  Save the Date - Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, July 26, from 7-9 pm.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are whelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org