[SFGP] Greenzine: Green Voter Guide is now available

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Oct 14 09:44:34 PDT 2019

October 14

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

    Our complete Green Voter Guide to the November 2019 election,
which explains all our endorsements, is now posted to our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/90-november-2019-endorsements

    Early voting has started at City Hall, so if you're voting
early, please take a look at our recommendations.

    Let's help our endorsed candidates to win!  Several upcoming
volunteer events are below.  We'll also need funds to mail our slate
cards, so please donate to help with this effort:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    Other Green events are listed below as well:

*===========================*

What:  Tour of Shame - close the concentration camps!
Where:  Rincon Park, Folsom and Embarcadero
When:  Mon, Oct 14, 2 pm

The Coalition to Close the Concentration Camps is planning an action
that they are calling a "Tour of Shame" on October 14, 2 pm, starting
from Rincon Park at Folsom and Embarcadero.  The idea is to target
corporations in our own backyard that are profiting from the detention
and deportation state--corporations like Amazon, Google and
Salesforce.

The Facebook event is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/360055594879186/

*===========================*

What:  Phonebank and other volunteer opportunities for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  1769 15th St (between Valencia and Guerrero), SF
When:  Tues, Oct 15, through the Nov election

Every Tuesday Chesa Boudin's campaign phone banks out of their office
located at 1769 15th Street.

Greens can check out other events and debates here at:
https://events.chesaboudin.com

If none of those days work, Greens wanting to volunteer can reach out
to Boudin's volunteer coordinator, Lali Mosqueda, directly at
949-482-5190 to schedule a day that works best for them!

*===========================*

What:  Vote in KPFA elections
Where:  online
When:  through October 15

Greens who are KPFA members have asked us for recommendations for the
Local Station Board elections.  These elections are ongoing through
October 15, and people who were already members before a couple of
months ago should have gotten ballots by email.  This is a ranked
choice election in which voters can rank all the candidates.

The SF Green Party has endorsed the entire Rescue Pacifica slate,
which includes two Greens: Christine Pepin and Don Macleay.  The other
members of that slate are Marilyn Langlois, Mantra Helene Plonsey,
Karina Stenquist, and Tom Voorhees.  Finally, after ranking all
members of Rescue Pacifica, we recommend that KPFA members also rank
Aki Tanaka and Carol Wolfley on their ballots.

*===========================*

What:  Rocking Rally @The Ramp for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  The Ramp, 855 Terry A Francois Boulevard, SF
When:  Wed, Oct 16, 6:45 pm

Join the Boudin campaign to rally support with awesome musicians and
entertainers for Chesa 4 DA!  Hosted by Peter Coyote and Arvind Patel,
owner of The Ramp.

Open to the public, DONATIONS WELCOME!

https://events.chesaboudin.com/events/fundraiser-concert-for-chesa-boudin

to our members:

With the 5th largest economy in the world, California has the power to
change the future!  Instead, it remains one of the largest sources of
dirty carbon from fossil fuels in the US.  For the sake of our future
and our children's futures, we demand Zero Carbon Emissions in CA by
2025.  This is the message we're bringing out into the streets as part
of the International Rebellion: Rebels Without Borders!

This is the big day, rebels. Join us in the streets with swarming
starting at 7am!  We'll be training on-site and sending out swarms on
the hour -- please sign up for swarming so we know you'll be joining!
At 11:30am, we will gather at UN Plaza for a grand die-in; we will
then process to the State Building and die-in once more to make our
message crystal clear: action on climate change means life or death.
Note that this action will be powerful and disruptive, but not
arrestable; we welcome anyone to join in.

We'll be meeting at Larkin between Grove and Fulton by the entrance to
the SF Public Library.  Look for our tent!

*===========================*

What:  Extinction Rebellion General Meeting
Where:  South Berkeley Senior Center, Berkeley
When:  Sun, Oct 20, 2-4 pm

Join XR Bay Area in Berkeley at the South Berkeley Senior Center to
celebrate the October Rebellion, get to know XR, and see where you fit
in to the movement!  Everyone is welcome.

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Oct 23, 7-9 pm

The detailed agenda will be set this week at our CC meeting.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org