[SFGP] Greenzine: join us at our monthly meeting this Wednesday

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Oct 19 09:13:40 PDT 2019

October 19

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Our complete Green Voter Guide to the November 2019 election,
which explains all our endorsements, is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/90-november-2019-endorsements

    Let's help our endorsed candidates to win!  Several upcoming
volunteer events are below.  We'll also need funds to mail our slate
cards, so please donate to help with this effort:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    Are you interested in helping to lead the SF Green Party?  Any
SF Green can run for our County Council by picking up nomination papers
from the Department of Elections in City Hall.  This election isn't
until March 2020, but you only have until this Dec 6 to turn in your
paperwork with 20 signatures from registered Greens.  You can bring
your nomination forms to our monthly meeting this week to meet all the
candidates and collect signatures:

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Oct 23, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

Intros - 5 min
Election-related updates / volunteer sign-up - 20 min
County Council nomination papers signing - 5 min
Discussion of Hong Kong protests - 30 min
Update / report-back on Extinction Rebellion events - 30 min
WBAI/Pacifica update - 15 min
Other announcements - 5 min

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Mobilization for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  Dolores Park, 19th St at Dolores St
When:  Sun, Oct 20, 11:30 am - 3:30 pm

This Sunday, the Boudin campaign will be hitting the streets with our
amazing cohosts: the Sierra Club, Green Party, Sunrise Movement, and
San Francisco League of Conservation voters, talking to voters about
Chesa Boudin's campaign.  Our city deserves a District Attorney who
will fight back for environmental justice for all!

Snacks and training will be provided.  Event listing:
https://events.chesaboudin.com/events/mission-dolores-mobilization

*===========================*

What:  Extinction Rebellion General Meeting
Where:  South Berkeley Senior Center, Berkeley
When:  Sun, Oct 20, 2-4 pm

Join XR Bay Area in Berkeley at the South Berkeley Senior Center to
celebrate the October Rebellion, get to know XR, and see where you fit
in to the movement!  Everyone is welcome.

*===========================*

What:  Phonebank and other volunteer opportunities for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  1769 15th St (between Valencia and Guerrero), SF
When:  Tues, Oct 22, through the Nov election

Every Tuesday Chesa Boudin's campaign phone banks out of their office
located at 1769 15th Street.

Greens can check out other events and debates here at:
https://events.chesaboudin.com

If none of those days work, Greens wanting to volunteer can reach out
to Boudin's volunteer coordinator, Lali Mosqueda, directly at
949-482-5190 to schedule a day that works best for them!