[SFGP] Greenzine - November endorsements and events this weekend

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Sep 17 15:42:43 PDT 2022

September 17, 2022

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    All of our endorsements for November are now posted on our website:
https://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/102-november-2022-endorsements

    We will be posting a complete Green Voter Guide with full
explanations of the reasons behind our endorsements, and also mailing
a summary of our Voter Guide to our members.  If you can help
contribute to the costs of this mailing, please click the "Donate"
link on our website, https://sfgreenparty.org/donate/

    Here is a summary of some of our positions on key contests and
ballot measures:

 * John Hamasaki for District Attorney - please help support him
   at his campaign kickoff this weekend!  See event listing below.
 * Rebecca Susan Feng Young for Public Defender
 * William Walker for Community College Board
 * Shamann Walton for D10 Supervisor
 * No endorsements for Board of Education or other contests
 * No on D: Redefines luxury housing as "affordable"
 * No on E: Skips environmental review of "affordable" housing development
 * No on H: Eliminates elections in odd numbered years, giving more
   power to the Mayor
 * No on I: Cars everywhere
 * Yes on J: Car-free JFK Drive in Golden Gate Park
 * Yes on M: Tax on keeping residential apartments vacant
 * Yes on O: Parcel tax to fund City College (restoring some of the
   classes that were cut)
 * Yes on 1: Protect abortion rights
 * No on 26: Regressive tax on addicts, loss of tribal sovereignty,
   supports animal cruelty
 * No on 27: Just like 26, but with some window dressing for homeless
   services
 * No on 30: Lyft-sponsored proposition to defund public transit,
   subsidize electric cars and clear-cut forests

*===========================*

What:  Hamasaki for DA campaign kickoff
Where:  518 Valencia St, SF
When:  Sun, September 18, 12 noon

Join Greens and other supporters of John Hamasaki for District
Attorney at his campaign kickoff!  Note that if you saw an earlier
announcement that this would be at Duboce Park, it has been moved
to 518 Valencia St instead due to the likelihood of rain.

*===========================*

What:  Unity and solidarity - Free Assange, Mumia, and Palestine!
Where:  First Congregational Church of Berkeley, Dana St between
  Durant and Channing, Berkeley CA
When:  Sat, September 17, 7 pm

LA Progressive Presents:
An evening of unity and solidarity...
MASK REQUIRED! Admission/donation $20-$10

Speakers include:

Alice Walker (Pulitzer Prize novelist)
Mama Pam (Internt’l Concerned Family & Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal)
Chris Hedges (Pulitzer Prize journalist)
Mumia Abu-Jamal (via phone from prison)
Daniel Ellsberg (Pentagon Papers defendant)
Susan Schnall (National Pres., Veterans for Peace)
Nozomi Hayase (Author, WikiLeaks: The Global Fourth Estate)
Vincent De Stefano (Coordinator, Assangedefense.org)
Jeff Mackler (Dir., Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal)

For more information and endorsers, see this link:
https://nepajac.org/sffree.htm

*===========================*

What:  Save the date - Green Party monthly members' meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, September 28, 7-9 pm

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members and invited candidates to participate in our meetings via
Zoom, so email cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us
virtually.